Being that Christmas is in three days I guess I should take the time to do my first holiday entry. I think that I’ll break from the theme and just make a list of the greatest gifts that I’ve already gotten this year.
- My home – this was the year that my girlfriend and I got our first real grownup apartment and it has been simply wonderful.
- My college degree – not technically a gift, especially given that his whole blog is dedicated to how much I actually paid for it, but I feel grateful to have it nonetheless.
- Being fired from a job for the first time – how is this a gift? well, it saved me the trouble of quitting a job that I hated and open up an opportunity to take a job that I loved, if only for a little while. Also, huge life lesson, as much as I hated that job, I’ll never forget the things that I learned from it.
- Becoming a chef for the first time – I was forced to step up and be the chef at the restaurant were I was working as sous-chef just as the restaurant was about to close. It was the most important thing that I have ever done in my professional life and the single greatest learning experience of my life.
- My family – I’m the first to admit that I don’t stay in contact with my family as well as I should, but I often reflect how much support they give me and how grateful I am to have them.
- Erin – She continues to be the best thing in my life and I love her with all my heart.
I’d love to here from everyone about the gifts that you’ve received this year. Take a moment to reflect on the things that matter to you and share.